1. What kind of books will we read? At this time, we’re going with a mix of genres- and taking all of your suggestions into account. As we grow, we may start new clubs based on genre, author or theme (food books, anyone?)
2. How will meetings be structured? Depending on how many members we have attending at any given time, we will either all be seated at one big table, or broken into groups of 6-8 people with suggested discussion topics on the table. Please come with one passage from the book you would like to discuss. This is an informal, fun group! Come ready to make new friends and share ideas.
3. What do I need to do to attend a meeting? You MUST call ahead or sign up on our website (Under Book Club Mondays). When you call, ask to be seated at the “book club table”. To attend a meeting, you must order food (or it is a two-drink minimum). We will have food and drink specials exclusively for book club members that will often be themed to the book of the month. Sign up under each book club date on this page, or call us at Beginnings.
4. How often will we meet? We’ll meet on the second Monday of the month (with the exception of October, due to the Columbus Day holiday).
5. How will we keep in touch? Beginnings will send monthly meeting reminders. You can also find all information for upcoming book club events on our website (www.beginningsrestaurant.com).
6. What if a book club I am already in wants to have our meeting at Beginnings? Book your book club meeting on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night and take advantage of our book club specials. You must have a party of 6 or more, and you must call ahead to make a reservation.